5 Simple Rules for Strategy Execution
Last week we looked at the main pitfalls in Strategy Execution.
Let’s now focus on the challenges of translating general ideas, about what makes you competitive at the organization level, into concrete actions for progress at the individual level.
To address this challenge effectively here are 5 simple rules:
1. Narrow your focus: the first step to a successful execution is to identify a small number of the most important strategy statements for performance and focus on them. The more you try to achieve, the less you’ll accomplish;
2. Make the statements imperative: every chosen statement must be translated into action and an action starts with an imperative;
3. Give the statements real owners: statements are developed at the organization level but implementing them involves individuals in specific departments;
4. Separate out your strategy meetings: create two meeting schedules for executing on a strategy, one for operations reviews and the other for strategic reviews;
5. Appoint a monitor: what we really respond to is not the numbers but rather the attention of people.
Can Process Mining Help Businesses Become More Efficient?
To improve your business, you need to make faster, more informed...
What’s holding organizations back from using Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is gradually changing the future of human evolution...
Business Excellence Pills: Critical to Quality Tree
“Quality is more than a promise, it’s genuine performance” - Ron...
5S – Workplace management methodology
5S methodology is a useful tool to organize the workplace with...
How can digital enable the transition to a more sustainable world
It is well known that Digital Transformation has the potential to...
Pros and challenges of intelligent document processing
Document proliferation continues to be a great challenge that cannot be...
Business Excellence Pills: Pareto Chart
“Are you struggling in identifying where to focus your effort to...
How do you measure the way digital transformation can create value?
There is no secret that every company is dealing with digital...
Do we need imagination for business?
People may underestimate the power of imagination for business. Imagination is...
Business Excellence Pills: SIPOC
Want to learn more about Business Excellence? Let's start this column named...
Main barriers to achieve organization’s digital objectives
“What are the main barriers to achieve your organization’s digital objectives?” In...