The sameness, lack of novelty and stress that came with Covid-19 can negatively impact our creativity. With the pandemic keeping us in our limited and stressful worlds for the foreseeable future, do we have to resign ourselves to an increasing lack of creativity in our work and lives?
Not necessarily. Try to apply these five strategies to widen your world view and enhance your creativity:
– Harness your negative emotions: negative emotions can be a vital component of our emotional tool kit, motivating us to focus our minds and moods in productive ways and fueling us to achieve goals.
– Engage in an expressive outlet: expressing yourself through art can help manage stress and anxiety, and even improve health.
– Get into a flow state: have you ever been so completely immersed in an activity that you lost all sense of time? This state is called “flow”. People who experience flow report higher levels of creativity, productivity, and happiness.
– Broaden your network: diverse networks and knowledge diversity positively correlates with individual creativity. We can still network virtually!
– Spend time in nature: spending quality time outside has been proved to increase people’s creative potential by 50%.
Main Methodologies for Strategy Execution
Two weeks ago we went over 5 simple rules to translate...
5 Simple Rules for Strategy Execution
Last week we looked at the main pitfalls in Strategy Execution. Let's...
Pitfalls in Strategy Execution
Last week we highlighted how Strategy Execution is the act of...
Making a Strategy Execution actionable
Last week we gave a definition of Strategy and introduced the meaning of executing a Strategy. While the definition we gave was fairly comprehensive, today we would like to highlight one particular aspect of Strategy Execution: alignment. In fact, implementing a Strategy, in other words...
An introduction to Strategy Execution
If you have followed our Digital Transformation journey, it’s now time...
Harnessing the digital transformation of the Covid era
Last week we talked about the potential risks of a digital...
How to mitigate the risks?
Last week we talked about the potential risks arising during a...
Digital Transformation: the main risks
In our last episode, we “zoomed-in” in the value of having...
Successful partnership: how?
Last week we provided you with all the reasons why having...
The importance of the right partner
Last week we left off with the three practical steps companies...