MBO (Management By Objectives)
Last week we had an overview of the most known and used methodologies for Strategy Execution.
We will focus, firstly, on the MBO methodology, which is a 5 steps approach introduced by Peter Drucker in his 1954 book “The Practice of Management”.
The 5 steps are:
1. Set Corporate Objectives: company leaders have to establish overall company objectives. These objectives must stem from the company mission;
2. Set and Align Employee Objectives: company leaders have to translate company objectives into individual employees objectives. These objectives must be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound);
3. Monitor Performance: a constant monitoring of company and employees performances is crucial to mitigate risks;
4. Evaluate Performance: assess both company and individual employees objectives;
5. Reward Employees: if company and employees have achieved their objectives, employees should be fully rewarded.
The advantages are:
– Easy to measure;
– Clear personal goals;
– Link with corporate goals.
The disadvantages are:
– Potential conflicting goals;
– No link with processes;
– No link with actions.
Can Process Mining Help Businesses Become More Efficient?
To improve your business, you need to make faster, more informed...
What’s holding organizations back from using Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) is gradually changing the future of human evolution...
Business Excellence Pills: Critical to Quality Tree
“Quality is more than a promise, it’s genuine performance” - Ron...
5S – Workplace management methodology
5S methodology is a useful tool to organize the workplace with...
How can digital enable the transition to a more sustainable world
It is well known that Digital Transformation has the potential to...
Pros and challenges of intelligent document processing
Document proliferation continues to be a great challenge that cannot be...
Business Excellence Pills: Pareto Chart
“Are you struggling in identifying where to focus your effort to...
How do you measure the way digital transformation can create value?
There is no secret that every company is dealing with digital...
Do we need imagination for business?
People may underestimate the power of imagination for business. Imagination is...
Business Excellence Pills: SIPOC
Want to learn more about Business Excellence? Let's start this column named...
Main barriers to achieve organization’s digital objectives
“What are the main barriers to achieve your organization’s digital objectives?” In...